Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Be "Help-able"

Yes, I know this may not be a real word but the idea is important.

I have just started to create an Internet presence by writing blogs and joining some social networks like http://www.salespider.com and http://www.betternetworker.com. I have been looking for the opportunity to share what I know and have learned. I know this is very important and vital to my business philosophy but I realized that there needs to be some balance.

When I first started about 2 weeks ago, I received nothing except other ads and requests for fake friendship from people who just wanted to solicit me. I updated my profile in all of the sites to show that I wasn't why I registered and that was not what I was looking for. I originally spent so much time playing defense and offense that I wasn't really listening.

I know that there are a lot of people out there who are genuinely willing and able to help without trying to sell me something, an idea, product, or service and I need to be willing to listen to what they have to say.

There has to be a balance if you truly want to create a solid network.

No comments: